By Safe Call Now Admin Staff
About a year ago I purchased a set of resistant fitness bands online. The idea was with my busy travel schedule I could easily fit them in my suitcase and do a 15 to 20 minute workout in the hotel room prior to speaking.
That small decision has been a great investment in fitness and health. I can pop on some upbeat music and get a nice workout to start my day. It got me to thinking of a number of small things I can do that make a big difference in the quality and effectiveness of my life. The most important tips I have come to realize are the first two
Here’s my “small things” list I wrote in my journal that can make a big difference for me and you:
- Give thanks to God at the close of each day and say “Good morning, Lord “when I awake
- Pray for my family and others by name
- Put soft music on in the morning for the first hour
- Meditate for five minutes between 5 AM and 6 AM
- Drink one big glass of water in the first hour
- Walk 20 minutes
- Reduce sugar
- Eliminate processed foods
- Greet people with a smile
- Make my bed in the morning
- Write in my journal daily
- Unplug after 9 PM
- Be present with loved ones
What would you add to your small list to make a big difference?
The legacy you leave is the life you lead you lead through God, it’s pretty simple… Those small daily decisions in the end make a big impact.
If you, someone you love or someone you know needs help, call:
Safe Call Now: 24 Hour Confidential Hotline: 206-459-3020
For more information on the First Responders program: Click here
Or call Shannon Clairemont at 661-466-6352 or Vanessa Stapleton at 304-651-3008